Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 9- French Republic, Paris

We decided to take it easy for our last day in France so that we would not be too exhausted for our journey to London the next day. So we decided to just visit a few attractions before calling it a day. Got off to a slow start that day, looking for the catacombs. Ryan wanted to see it. I was rather reluctant though. The sound of it sort of creeps me out. Anyway, we got lost trying to find the place. Secretly, I was rather pleased that we couldn't find the place, but we eventually found it. As it turned out, we walked past it several times without realising it because the entrance wasn't very obvious. Well, nothing much about the place, except that the place used to be a quarry until it was abandoned. then the french authorities realised,:"Hey! pre-dug graves!" SO they decided to exhume all the graves and relocate the bones over there so that the city could expand. We basically, the entire trip was spent on going down the stairs into the catacombs, walking through the tunnels, looking at stacks upon stacks of bones and the going up again. 83 steps I remembered. After that, Ryan sort of made it up too me by going to the muesee de armee, or army museum which he somehow knew that I was absolutely enjoy myself, which I did! He got bored though. But then, the place closed early, so I didnt get to finish looking at everything.=( Once we left the museum, it started to rain heavily, so we decided to head back to the hostel to slack. Then dinner afters. That wrapped up our French tour. London next!

No comments: